Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz has revealed that he’s not he’s not afraid of loosing his life, amidst #EndSARS crisis in the country.
In a recent interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, the rapper who had been at the forefront in the fight against police brutality and extrajudicial killings, highlighted several other problems that the country is facing.
In his words,
- I am not afraid for my life because where we are right now, I feel like I can easily die by anything else anyway.
- We have a non-existent healthcare system, for example. We have a seriously high level of poverty; there is unemployment.
- We are in a critical state because of the level of corruption and mismanagement of funds that we continue to see on a daily basis.
- I can have an accident on my way to work and die because the state of healthcare is nothing to write home about. People have to travel abroad to have proper healthcare.
- We keep on saying that every single Nigerian is one sickness away from passing away. “So what kind of life am I living any way? Why should I be afraid of dying? I am going to die anyway, so what is the point?
- According to him, the major issue surrounding the disbandment of the infamous unit of the Nigerian Police Force, is that same claims has been made continuously over the years, without any visible changes.
Watch video below,